Standing on Mariner's Point,
the original Millerton County
Courthouse, near the dam, was
built in old Millerton in 1867.
It was dismantled in 1941 and
saved from the rising waters of
the lake. The Courthouse looks
today like it did 100 years ago.
Bass fisherman swear by it, wind
surfers and water skiers glide
over it, while hikers, joggers and
horse back riders meander along it.
Back to Sierra Gateway